Re: [exim] data timeout on connection

Author: Hardy
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] data timeout on connection
Hi all,

I just want to let you know the situation normalized "all by itself",
and as far as I can judge no message was lost, as obviously the sender
part considered the problem a temporary one and we were still within
retry periods.

I didn't change effectively anything, neither to cause nor to resolve
the problems, and the sender sides were too many different ones as I
would think it plausible they had a problem.

Some of you in this list suggested mis-aligned network. I suspect this
happened on my hoster's part. They did not communicate any problem,
though. I suspect they misconfigured and corrected silently, whatever it
was. According to my logs this situation lasted for about 12+ hours.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Hardy