Re: [exim] exim4 smarthost out, fetchmail in conf

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 smarthost out, fetchmail in conf
Martin McCormick via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Mi 10 Jul 2019 04:53:06 CEST):
> Thank you extremely. I must admit that I am not familiar with
> the programming language other than I can tell what it is doing
> more or less. Is there a name for it or is it peculiar to exim4?

The Debian configuration scheme heavily employs the macro facilities
Exim has. And I believe, and additionally they use some script magic to
create the autogenerated.config

>       The year 2019 marks the 30TH year I have known about
> unix-like systems which is technically the name given to any unix

Yeah, my first contact to Unix like machines was about 1989 too, the
former GDR had systems called VEGA, running on a Zilog Z8000.

> still don't know after all these years, 25 of them working with

The more we know, the more we know that we do not know anything.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_stages_of_competence

>       We've been hearing in our news about your heat wave this
> Summer and how they have had to impose speed limits on highways
> due to buckling pavement.

Yes, the world is constantly changing. And the world of our childhood
isn't there anymore. But our kids will tell the same.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann