Re: [exim] exim4 smarthost out, fetchmail in conf

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 smarthost out, fetchmail in conf
Martin McCormick via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Di 09 Jul 2019 22:33:16 CEST):

> "Warning: No server certificate defined; will use a selfsigned one."

Whenever a recent Exim is configured to advertise TLS
(tls_advertise_hosts), it tries to create a self-signed certificate
until you point Exim to the certificate file.

Exim's hard wired default for tls_advertise_hosts is '*' since 4.xx

You seem to have a Debian based system. As far as I know, they kept the
old default (nothing) for tls_advertise_hosts and change it to '*',
whenever you enable TLS via Debian MAIN_TLS_ENABLE macro.

So I'd say, it should be sufficient not to enable this macro. Having the
macro empty does not undefine it. You need to comment it out. If I'm
not wrong about the macro mechanics.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann