Re: [exim] Auto-bcc certain outgoing mail?

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Yves
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Auto-bcc certain outgoing mail?
On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 at 00:12, Yves via Exim-users <exim-users@???>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I would also be interested in the answer to that question, if someone
> knows.
> My use case is: 1 alias=2 local recipients; when one local recipient
> replies with this alias as a sender, the second person of this alias
> should get the information too, without the first person having to
> bother adding them as BCC.
> Thanks

I'd suggest you use a Ticketing System that tracks the mails outside the
MTA and use this alias as the address
used by the Ticketing system. Why am I saying that? In my limited thinking
put into your question, I don't see an
easier way to distinguish between the two recipients who among them has
sent the mail using the alias. If there
was a way, I'd use a filter to copy the mail to the other recipient.
However, even that method too is not elegant because
one of the recipients will be getting the sent e-mail in their inbox while
the actual sender has it in their sent items folder.

Another easier, and equally less elegant way is to make this alias a real
account and if you use IMAP, let the two recipients
configure/share this account in their MuA (as an IMAP account). This way,
one of the staff opens the mail, it will be marked as
read in the Inbox; one responds to the mail and the other person will see
the response in the Sent Items folder. This method
adheres to the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid), IMHO.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,