Re: [pcre-dev] pcre & pcre2

Author: Petr Pisar
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] pcre & pcre2
On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 09:17:23AM +0800, 高宇挺 wrote:
> When I install nginx, there is a error:
> ./configure: error: the HTTP rewrite module requires the PCRE library. You can either disable the module by using --without-http_rewrite_module option, or install the PCRE library into the system, or build the PCRE library statically from the source with nginx by using --with-pcre= option.

That's because nginx supports the old PCRE only. See
<https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?29,281263,281272#msg-281272>. First Nginx
must be ported to PCRE2. Then you could build nginx against PCRE2. Until it
happens, you have to use the old PCRE.

Hence you should talk to nginx authors about your issue. PCRE developers
cannot help you with it.

-- Petr