[pcre-dev] pcre & pcre2

Author: 高宇挺
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] pcre & pcre2
When I install nginx, there is a error:
./configure: error: the HTTP rewrite module requires the PCRE library. You can either disable the module by using --without-http_rewrite_module option, or install the PCRE library into the system, or build the PCRE library statically from the source with nginx by using --with-pcre= option. So I referred to your documents:
The older, but still widely deployed PCRE library, originally released in 1997, is at version 8.43. Its API and feature set are stable—future releases will be for bugfixes only. Any new features will be added to PCRE2, and not to the PCRE 8.x series. I download the pcre2 and configure the nginx again, it works.But when I execute I download the pcre2 and configure the nginx again, it works.But when I execute the "make",
src/core/ngx_regex.h:15:18: fatal error: pcre.h: No such file or directory then I try to install pcre-devel, but I can only find the .rpm,(my os is ubuntu).I try to find libpcre3-dev, but it seems that its version number matches the PCRE 8 series.Of course, if I install Series 8 directly, I won't have the above problems.So, you are updating and maintaining pcre2 now, but this problem can not be solved, how to explain it?