[exim] Sieve legal question, somehow offtopic

Author: jan-jun.2019@dipl-ing-kessler.de
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Sieve legal question, somehow offtopic
Hi all,

sorry for this trivial question, but maybe you know the answer by mind:

We are using a ubuntu webserver with exim4 and cyrus imap on it.

Recently I tried to apply a sieve rule to barr unwanted (spam) emails
directly at the front door, using SIEVE REJECT.

But, any attempt to import the needed module fails when trying
'require "reject";'

And, even worse: our so-called "webhoster", who is running these machines,
claims that disabling / disallowing "sieve reject" is now a "EU-wide law"
and they are forced to do so.

I doubt that this can be true, but, does someone know for sure?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Markus