Re: [exim] EXIM Timeout on tcp required ports

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] EXIM Timeout on tcp required ports
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019, Ryan McClung via Exim-users wrote:

> Unfortunately no one answered my initial question.
>
> When trying to connect to the TLS required ports it simply times out. I
> have the ports listening, the ports are not blocked by our firewall, and
> yet nothing works. Any thoughts?

Can you upgrade to exim 4.92 -
IIRC there were some TLS issues with 4.91 ?

Which tls library are you using - gnutls or openssl ?
Has either side been updated to support TLS1.3
(client or server,exim or tls libraries) ?
You say this problem started when you upgraded from exim 4.72 to 4.91
- IIRC exim dropped support for openssl 1.0.1 betwen those versions.

If you answered Heiko's question
   > What is the swaks command line you use?
   > When I use
   >    swaks -tlsc -p 465 -s ssl.schlittermann.de -f '<>' -t info@???
   > it works as expected.
I have not seen your answer.

exim -bV might be helpful too.

Have you tried swaks from the local machine as well as a remote client ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Cambridge, UK
             andrew@???