Re: [exim] EXIM Timeout on tcp required ports

Author: Dominic Benson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] EXIM Timeout on tcp required ports

> On 14 Mar 2019, at 18:56, Ryan McClung via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately no one answered my initial question.
>
> When trying to connect to the TLS required ports it simply times out.

When you changed 587 to not be tls_on_connect, did that affect your ability to connect to that port? It wasn’t clear to me from your earlier posts whether it did or not.

If so, can you successfully starttls on 587? Or 25 for that matter?

> have the ports listening, the ports are not blocked by our firewall, and
> yet nothing works. Any thoughts?

Can you establish a trivial connection to localhost on each port with (e.g.) telnet - where it doesn’t matter if SSL can be negotiated? Is there a local packet filter configured (as opposed to the external firewall) that could be blocking it?