Re: [exim] exim Daemon not flush queue

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Emanuel Gonzalez
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] exim Daemon not flush queue
On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 at 13:32, Emanuel Gonzalez via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> Hello, i have noticed that exim does not retry sending messages in the
> frozen state automatically.
>
> Inside the file /etc/init.d/exim I see the following
>
>         # Start daemons.
>         echo -n "Starting exim: "
>         /bin/chown -R exim:exim /var/spool/exim 2> /dev/null
>         daemon /opt/exim/bin/exim -bd -q 15m
>         echo
>         touch /var/lock/subsys/exim

> I modify the configuration in the following way:

You can run exim -qff on the CLI without modifying the init script so
please revert the changes!

>         # Start daemons.
>         echo -n "Starting exim: "
>         /bin/chown -R exim:exim /var/spool/exim 2> /dev/null
>         daemon /opt/exim/bin/exim -bd -qff 1m
>         echo
>         touch /var/lock/subsys/exim

> but I see that the post queue is not processed again every 1 minute as
> indicated by the -qff parameter.

What is a "post queue"??

About frozen messages, you need to find out why they are frozen and address
that. Once Exim freezes a message,
only a manual intervention (exim -Mt) will get it delivered, but you
shouldn't just do -Mt blindly. Figure out why it got
frozen.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,