Re: [exim] exim Daemon not flush queue

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim Daemon not flush queue
On 12/03/2019 10:24, Emanuel Gonzalez via Exim-users wrote:
> Hello, i have noticed that exim does not retry sending messages in the frozen state automatically.

Yes, that's what frozen means.

>         # Start daemons.
>         echo -n "Starting exim: "
>         /bin/chown -R exim:exim /var/spool/exim 2> /dev/null
>         daemon /opt/exim/bin/exim -bd -qff 1m
>         echo
>         touch /var/lock/subsys/exim

> but I see that the post queue is not processed again every 1 minute as indicated by the -qff parameter.

a) did you restart the exim service, so that this script was executed?
b) you probably don't want to do that, really. The frozen state is
there so that you can investigate why the message couldn't be
handled. If you've not fixed the problem, just retrying probably
won't help.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy