Re: [exim] SPF not working in Exim 4.91 ?

Author: Mike Tubby
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPF not working in Exim 4.91 ?

On 15/01/2019 10:21, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> On 15/01/2019 09:54, Mike Tubby via Exim-users wrote:
>> Can someone point me in the right direction?
> Presumably your build didn't actually include SPF. Check
> the "Support for" line from "exim -bV". If it's not there,
> check you have a consistent set of source files and that
> you didn't try and build on top of some previous version.

I did build on a previous version that had:

EXPERIMENTAL_SPF=yes

In Local/Makefile

I changed it to:

SUPPORT_SPF=yes

but it didn't work possibly because I just did a "make; make install"
... I have now performed:

make clean
make makefile
make
make install

and it fixed it.

However, I noticed two other issues:

*1. Double increment of build numbers*

I only get even-numbered compile numbers due to what looks like a double
increment:

root@relay1:~/exim-4.91# make install
/bin/sh scripts/source_checks
`Makefile' is up to date.

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/mike/exim-4.91/build-Linux-x86_64'
*>>> version 4.91 #9
>>> version 4.91 #10*

>>> exicyclog script built
>>> exinext script built
>>> exiwhat script built

*2. Warning for unused return in usr1_handler*

GCC compiler generates a warning for unsied return codes in usr1_handler:

gcc exim.c
exim.c: In function ‘usr1_handler’:
exim.c:242:1: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
 (void)write(fd, process_info, process_info_len);
 ^
gcc expand.c

I have created a fix and sent a separate email with a proposed patch.

Mike