Re: [exim] SPF not working in Exim 4.91 ?

Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPF not working in Exim 4.91 ?
On 2019-01-16 14:45, Mike Tubby wrote:

> *1. Double increment of build numbers*
>
> I only get even-numbered compile numbers due to what looks like a
> double increment:
>
> root@relay1:~/exim-4.91# make install
> /bin/sh scripts/source_checks
> `Makefile' is up to date.
>
> make[1]: Entering directory '/home/mike/exim-4.91/build-Linux-x86_64'
> *>>> version 4.91 #9

Yeah, this happens here too and I trained myself to ignore it. I think
it is because "make install" reruns the script which sets the build number.

> *2. Warning for unused return in usr1_handler*
>
> GCC compiler generates a warning for unsied return codes in usr1_handler:
>
> gcc exim.c
> exim.c: In function 'usr1_handler':
>
> exim.c:242:1: warning: ignoring return value of 'write', declared with
> attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result] (void)write(fd,
> process_info, process_info_len);
>
> gcc expand.c

Ditto. IICR I tried to correct this but it was quite hard; I couldn't
find a way to throw away the value that would not trigger some warning
or another. But maybe doing it in the C source is the wrong way:
instead one should temporarily remove the warn_unused_result attribute.
Maybe gcc has a pragma for that?