Re: [exim] no DMARC?

Author: Richard James Salts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] no DMARC?
On Saturday, 27 October 2018 12:33:04 PM AEDT Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-
users wrote:
> wido.exim--- via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Do 25 Okt 2018 17:30:58

CEST):
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running an Ubuntu 18.04 machine and I am trying to get DMARC
> > working on my Exim. Therefor I have grabbed the Exim source from Ubuntu
> > 18.10 and compiled it with this Makefile:

> …
>
> > $ exim --version
> > Exim version 4.91 #2 built 30-Jul-2018 18:35:06

> I'd expect a more recent build date, or is did you build end of July?

The exim package from Debian sets the build date to the timestamp of the most
recent entry in the debian/changelog file so as to facilitate reproducible
builds. I usually take their source package and do dch -l myorg when I'm
compiling custom package so its version is newer than the upstream package.
Did you grab the dev packages for dmarc? I assume it will be the same name for
Ubuntu, but on Debian I add libspf2-dev, libopendmarc-dev ( along with some
other libraries for smtputf8 and lmdb ) to the build depends in debian/
control.