Re: [exim] Fwd: Rate-limit queue-processing per domain

Author: Charlie Elgholm
Subject: Re: [exim] Fwd: Rate-limit queue-processing per domain
> Jeremy Harris suggested an option for how to treat these 4xx messages,
> but what we mail admins actually need, is probably something along
> these two lines:
> 1) A way of dealing with MXes rather than recipient domains
> 2) A way of controlling IP address/MX "reputation", so that we can set
> specific policies depending on both temporary and permanent rejection
> rate

True that, but I believe that would be harder to implement, and
perhaps it's a 2-step-process: First we implement a "simpler"
this-domain-should-be-put-in-retry-mode which actually would help a
lot, and then we might also go the full
all-domains-pointing-to-this-MX-pointer-should-be-put-in-retry-mode...
;)

> I haven't come up with a good way of phrasing this as a feature
> request, so instead, it's just been on my TODO list for 5-6 years.
> Sorry about that.

Ha! Same here. I'm doing it now though, and we'll see how it goes
about concerning the "phrasing" - since I'm swedish =)

/Charlie