Re: [exim] Fwd: Rate-limit queue-processing per domain

Author: Jan Ingvoldstad
Subject: Re: [exim] Fwd: Rate-limit queue-processing per domain
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Charlie Elgholm <charlie@???> wrote:

> I can not change the way Microsoft, Yahoo, Gmail och others do
> business - but I might tweak Exim to play better with their - somewhat
> bad - rules.

I've given up on that, especially considering that Microsoft's and
Google's business is now also pretty dominant in hosted e-mail
services, meaning that a bazillion domainnames have MXes at
somethingsomething.google or myname.outlook.com.

Jeremy Harris suggested an option for how to treat these 4xx messages,
but what we mail admins actually need, is probably something along
these two lines:

1) A way of dealing with MXes rather than recipient domains
2) A way of controlling IP address/MX "reputation", so that we can set
specific policies depending on both temporary and permanent rejection
rate

I haven't come up with a good way of phrasing this as a feature
request, so instead, it's just been on my TODO list for 5-6 years.
Sorry about that.

--
Jan