Re: [exim] Spambox cfg for remote delivery?

Author: Jaap Winius
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spambox cfg for remote delivery?

Quoting Jeremy Harris <jgh@???>:

>> That doesn't work. Exim won't start, stating:
>>
>>   spambox router:
>>   a transport must not be defined for this router
>
> Presumably you didn't put one in then....

How so? "must not be defined" seems clear enough to me.

>> So, would the solution here be to simply omit
>> the "transport = remote_smtp" statement?
>
> No, you need to give it a transport that does the required job.

Really? None of the other standard Exim routers that use the redirect
driver seem to include a transport and they work okay. Moreover, in
his book, The Exim SMTP Mail Server (2nd edition), Phil Hazel states
on page 137 that "The generic transport option must not be set for
redirect routers."

>> Also, wouldn't "{$local_part}-spam@???" be a better way
>> to change the local part from "bob" on to "bob-spam", or does your "+"
>> already do that?
>
> His uses a plus. If you want a minus instead, fine, just use one.
> I'm unsure why you've added the braces... but that part is also up
> to you.

Ah! I'll try using mine without the braces.

Thanks,

Jaap