Re: [exim] recepient verification callout with defer_ok fail…

Author: Dr. Volker Jaenisch
To: exim-users
CC: Ludwig, Martin
Subject: Re: [exim] recepient verification callout with defer_ok fails on graylisted server with error code 450
Hi Jeremy!

Thanks for the fast answer!

Am 06.07.2017 um 12:28 schrieb Jeremy Harris:
> On 06/07/17 11:07, Dr. Volker Jaenisch via Exim-users wrote>   require  authenticated = *>            message   = REJECTED - Recipient Verify Failed - User Not Found>            verify   =
> We don't know that the callout actually received a 450, even though
> the manual test does.

Is the log line

rcpt to:thomas.bindel@???
450 4.2.0 <thomas.bindel@???>: Recipient address rejected:
Greylisted, see http://postgrey.schweikert.ch/help/htw-dresden.de.html

not prove enough that the callout has got a 450 return code?
> Is it repeatable?

Yes. It is absolutly repeatable. I also checked all four receiving
mailservers they are all graylisted.
> Could you run with debug,
> or capture packets?

Tried to capture, but the connection is TLS, so no useful information
could be obtained.

220 rmx5.rz.htw-dresden.de ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)

EHLO mail.inqbus.de

250-rmx5.rz.htw-dresden.de

250-PIPELINING

250-SIZE 30720000

250-VRFY

250-ETRN

250-STARTTLS

250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES

250-8BITMIME

250 DSN

STARTTLS

220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS

Which debug switch do I need to get useful information on the return
codes. Has exim to be run in the foreground?

Cheers

Volker

   inqbus Scientific Computing    Dr.  Volker Jaenisch
   Richard-Strauss-Straße 1       +49(08861) 690 474 0
   86956 Schongau-West            http://www.inqbus.de