Re: [exim] recepient verification callout with defer_ok fail…

Author: Dr. Volker Jaenisch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] recepient verification callout with defer_ok fails on graylisted server with error code 450
Hi Heiko!

Am 06.07.2017 um 14:04 schrieb Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users:

>> The target server returns a 450 error. The defer_ok flag on the callout
>> should nevertheless force the ACL statement to come out positive. This
>> is what I understand from the documentation:
> Yes, and how do you know that the above 'require' is the failing?
> The 'logwrite' just writes its message as soon as it is found
> in the sequence of conditions.
>
> And … this is even a prove, that the 'verify' step succeeded, otherwise
> you wouln't see the 'logwrite' written message.

Oh. So this is a logik error.

But how to formulate it correctly?

reject  authenticated = *
           !verify   = recipient/callout=2m,defer_ok,use_sender
           message   = REJECTED - Recipient Verify Failed - User Not Found
           logwrite = :main: Send to $local_part@$domain is REJECTED of
User Not Found

This is definitivly wrong since not authenticated messages would be denied.

Cheers

Volker

   inqbus Scientific Computing    Dr.  Volker Jaenisch
   Richard-Strauss-Straße 1       +49(08861) 690 474 0
   86956 Schongau-West            http://www.inqbus.de