Re: [exim] recepient verification callout with defer_ok fail…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] recepient verification callout with defer_ok fails on graylisted server with error code 450
Dr. Volker Jaenisch via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Do 06 Jul 2017 14:59:37 CEST):
….
> Oh. So this is a logik error.

Probably. But, even I'd say I'm a programmer, logic isn't one of my
major strengths :)

> But how to formulate it correctly?
>
> reject  authenticated = *
>            !verify   = recipient/callout=2m,defer_ok,use_sender
>            message   = REJECTED - Recipient Verify Failed - User Not Found
>            logwrite = :main: Send to $local_part@$domain is REJECTED of
> User Not Found

> This is definitivly wrong since not authenticated messages would be denied.

What do you want to achive? Normally I'd:

    # unconditionally accept authenticated messages, since mostly it is
    # a stupid user agent, and a the user agent can't transfer the
    # messages, often it complains with an unhelpful message to the user
    # in front of the MUA
    #
    # In case the recipient does not exist, we can bounce to the
    # (authenticated) sender

    accept authenticated = *

    require     message = Relaying denied
                domains = +local_domains

    require     message = REJECTED: $acl_verify_message
                verify = …

    accept

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden