Re: [exim] Retry Rules

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Retry Rules
Joseph Kezar <joseph.kezar@???> (Mo 22 Mai 2017 17:50:32 CEST):
> Heiko + Exim Users,
> Thank you for providing that link. I have consulted that link prior to
> my composing my original email to the exim-users group. I in fact am the
> one who wrote this retry rule based on that exim specification. My goal
> was to write a rule that retries every 1 min for up to 1 hour. Then every
> 30 min for up to 4 hours. Finally every 1 hour for 5 days. Does my rule
> for vermont.gov recipients appear to behave this way?:
> vermont.gov * F,1h,1m; F,4h,30m; F,5d,1h

Yes, but the rule does not trigger the retry. The rule just controls, how
often a queue running process *would* (re)try.

To get retries every minute, you need to start a queue runner process
every minute (or even more often). Commonly via the -q<interval> option.

    exim -bd -q60

should do it.

PS: Please do not sent me a Cc of your messages, I'm reading the lists.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann