Re: [exim] TLS error on connection to smtp.office365.com (g…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS error on connection to smtp.office365.com (gnutls_handshake): An unexpected TLS packet was received.
On 29/04/17 21:11, Boylan, Ross wrote:
> remote_smtp_smarthost:

> I would like to check my understanding of what $host means in this context, as well as in the context of the authenticators

It'll be whatever the MX and A, and any CNAME, DNS lookups ended up
with.

> Is there an easy way for the transport and authenticator to access the original host name used by the router?

Original? The lookup sequence starts with $domain (not a host name at
all). Is that what you're looking for?

> Finally, is there a way to get what the configuration is *after* all the macro processing?

No. An RFE wouldn't be unreasonable (if implemented it would need to be
restricted to admins though).

You can view single macro values (as an admin)
using "exim -bP macro <MACRONAME>".

Finally, please edit your responses.
--
Cheers,