Re: [exim] TLS error on connection to smtp.office365.com (g…

Author: Boylan, Ross
To: Jeremy Harris, exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS error on connection to smtp.office365.com (gnutls_handshake): An unexpected TLS packet was received.
I think the domain refers to the ultimate destination of the message, and so it is not what I want.
More specifically, my router has
smarthost:
debug_print = "R: smarthost for $local_part@$domain"
driver = manualroute
domains = ! +local_domains
senders = +rb_ucsf
transport = remote_smtp_smarthost
route_list = * DCsmarthost byname
# RB adds next line to avoid trying IPv6 addresses, which are unrouteable
ignore_target_hosts = <; 0::0/0
host_find_failed = ignore
same_domain_copy_routing = yes
no_more
and it's the value of DCsmarthost (a macro) that I want when I'm in the transport or the authenticator, rather than the name it resolves to after all the lookups. It seems a much more natural value to use in passwd.client.

What's the procedure for an RFE?

Ross

P.S. Sorry, Outlook on the web kind of forces top-posting.