[exim] Smarthost and immediate reject for an inexistant doma…

Author: Marco Gaiarin
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Smarthost and immediate reject for an inexistant domain...

I'm using exim on a border gateway, that then send to a smarthost (ISP smtp
server).

We have noted that if we send an email to an inexistant domain (eg,
gaio@???), the ISP relay refuse it (450, Recipient address
rejected: Domain not found) but exim put them on queue (temporary reject)
and retry.

How can force an immediate reject? I'm thinking about an ACL on my border
gateway that reject the email checking the existance of the recipient
domain, but i'm seeking feedback.

Thanks.

--
  Se non hai riso per una settimana la tua vita comincia a perdere
  significato. Soprattutto se sei cinese.        (M. Muraro)