Re: [exim] Smarthost and immediate reject for an inexistant …

Author: Marco Gaiarin
To: Phil Pennock
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Smarthost and immediate reject for an inexistant domain...
Mandi! Phil Pennock
In chel di` si favelave...

> Does your Exim have full DNS access?

Yes!

> You put a "verify_only" router
> right before the smarthost router, which gets "no_verify".

Good idea! But in my (slightly modified) debian exim config does not work.

After fiddling a bit with address testing mode, i've found that i've moved
this ACL very up in recipient acl check:

  accept
    hosts = +relay_from_hosts
    control = dkim_disable_verify

and, because this is a border gateway, sending host is in
'+relay_from_hosts'.

So i've tried to add:

  accept
    hosts = +relay_from_hosts
    control = dkim_disable_verify
    verify = recipient

and now messages correctly bounce. But seems to me that bounce also without
the 'verify_only' router, using only the smarthost one.

EG, seems that the 'verify_only' router is not strictly needed... right?

Thanks.

--
  Non mi importa del petrolio, saro` un vile, un anormale
  ma questa volta alle Crociate