Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC6 tomorrow (Wednesday)

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC6 tomorrow (Wednesday)
On 2017-02-15 at 03:40 +0000, Phil Pennock wrote:
> We have one outstanding report of message segfaults, on one system. I
> don't believe these have been reproduced by anyone else, but I'm waiting
> for more feedback from the reporter: if there is a bug in Exim here,

There's something real here, and I don't see a point in doing RC6
without it. If you're running RCs, please disable advertising chunking
until RC6.

> So we should have RC6 sometime on Wednesday.

Nope, that was optimistic.

It seems likely that final release will _not_ happen on Monday. My
availability over the next two (or more) days is "highly constrained"
because of non-computer life events; I won't be around online. So
unless Heiko and Jeremy debug the crash problem and cut RC6 in my
absence, the schedule is now pushed back.

-Phil