Re: [pcre-dev] ftp site HTTPS; mail domain?

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Andrew Ho
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] ftp site HTTPS; mail domain?
On 2017-01-21 at 21:23 -0800, Andrew Ho wrote:
> Thanks for doing this, it's great to see HTTPS become the default these
> days. I've updated the links from http://pcre.org/ to the HTTPS variants.
> I'll try to get around to setting up HTTPS for pcre.org itself sometime
> soon.

No problem. I also did https://vcs.pcre.org/ yesterday. Honestly I
didn't do this just to have you edit web-pages twice ...

Since exim.org has configs live authoritatively on the live box, and be
backed up from there (the opposite to how I normally do things) it was
easy enough to use the Let's Encrypt models with HTTP-based proofs; the
process I used is documented here:

https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/HTTPS-Setup

The current `tls-renew` wrapper can be grabbed by Phil Hazel or anyone
else with a hummus account; the current version can also be found at:

https://gist.github.com/philpennock/6cc972e4a9c0b41ffc4729b45a6a1f40

If you're keeping config centrally, then I recommend the DNS-based
proof mechanisms instead.

-Phil