[pcre-dev] ftp site HTTPS; mail domain?

Author: Phil Pennock
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] ftp site HTTPS; mail domain?
Two things:

1. All of the exim.org HTTP sites served from the cam.ac.uk host have
HTTPS certs now, from Let's Encrypt. I left pcre.org sites off
because they were only redirecting to the bugzilla or mailman sites
in the exim.org domain.

However, I just noticed that the web server was throwing errors for
the "ftp.pcre.org" host because it was unknown/unconfigured. That
doesn't make sense, and since DNS points to us anyway ... I just made
it a configured host and gave it an HTTPS cert.

So https://ftp.pcre.org/pub/pcre/ now works. Might be helpful for
people dealing with obnoxious firewalls. The plain http:// version
also works, it's not a stub.

2. I blinked a bit at the mail-domain for pcre-dev being @exim.org;
would folks like the MTA to handle the domain "lists.pcre.org" too,
so that you can use pcre-dev@??? too?

You have "between 50 and 100" list subscribers, so it's probably
feasible to add the lists.pcre.org domain, make sure it works, and
give people a heads-up and a date for a cut-over, so that
spam-filters can be updated?

One advantage of sticking with exim.org is that when the day comes
that we upgrade mailman to be DMARC-aware, and start publishing DKIM
records for the mailing-list, it all comes "for free" as we control
DNS. But perhaps you don't want that. I don't know. Just let me
know what is wanted. :)

-Phil