Re: [exim] Catching undeliverable email

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Catching undeliverable email
On 2016-12-29, Al T <alfmelgman@???> wrote:
> I have a small domain with about 20 users. Spammers try to send email to
> random accounts and that, at the moment, gets rejected. However, I would
> like to redirect all this email to a special mailbox I can use to train my
> content filter.
>
> Any ideas on how to do that?

Basically you add a rediect router after the router than handles local
users, in that router you check the domain name but not the local part
and then redirect all mail to wherever you want it.

That's going to treat all mail for your domain as valid

This comes up pretty bogus for human users, if they make a typo they
get no feedback. :(

Ideally you want to do a control=fakereject in the data acl so the
sender gets some feedback, but that can be hard to do if there are
multiple rcpts - so setting that up is fairly complex,

The first step is to add 'verify=no' to the router added above,
and then it gets complicated...