[exim] matching hostlist by IP address

Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] matching hostlist by IP address
Hi eximummers again,

I am trying to add a router where one of the conditions is the client
should be from the set of trusted relay IP addresses. I didn't want to
repeat the definition of relay_from_hosts, so I wrote:

condition = ${if match_ip {$sender_host_address} {relay_from_hosts} {true}{}}

But this doesn't work - it seems to treat relay_from_hosts as literal so
of course the match fails. Reading the spec again carefully, I realize
it doesn't say anywhere that I can use a named host list in this
context. So, is this too much to ask? And isn't it a natural thing to
ask? :-)