Re: [exim] HowTo integrate Spamassassin working?

Author: Forum
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] HowTo integrate Spamassassin working?
Am 22.12.2016 um 22:49 schrieb Heiko Schlittermann:

> If you feel, the documentation is wrong/misleading/incomplete, please
> add what you're missing. Even examples. If they're generic enough, I'm
> more than happy to include them in the spec file. The same holds for
> your additions/corrections/… whatever.

The documentation is good (not wrong or misleading).
But i was feeling that it was not easy to find what i am searching.
This is normal for such a complex software.

I can only add my example which will be not the best way but easy and working.
At this time it fullfills a complete spam solution for me.

Install spamassassin as package in Debian.
Activate it in /etc/default/spamassassin

ENABLED=1
CRON=1
OPTIONS="--create-prefs --max-children 5 --helper-home-dir --socketpath=/run/spamd.sock --socketowner=spamassassin
--socketgroup=mail"

Add into /etc/exim4.conf

spamd_address = /run/spamd.sock
begin acl
acl_check_rcpt:
acl_check_data:

spam = nobody:true
add_header = X-Spam-Score : $spam_score ($spam_bar)
add_header = X-Spam-Score-Int: $spam_score_int
add_header = X-Message-Age : $message_age

deny message = This message is classified as UBE (SPAM) and therefore rejected. You scored $spam_score points.
Congratulations!
condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{${eval:200}}{true}{false}}

warn spam = nobody:true
condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{50}{1}{0}}
remove_header = Subject
add_header = Subject: ***SPAM (Score:$spam_score)*** $h_Subject:

> In case you (or somebody else) know a sponsor: I'm willing to write
> a Book (German) about Exim and it's configuration. Partly probably a
> translated version of the original one (already about 8 years old) and
> of course with addtions according to the development of Exim.

I am ashamed that i realized this good book not before.
It is easy to find on the exim homepage!
Maybe because i did not expect such a book for free.
I never find a remark somewhere that this book exists.
Unbelievable to recognize it now after all the time.
> My reply to your messages was partly a more generic one, not every
> sentence was exactly related to you.
>
> And yes, I know, understanding the configuration breaks into more than
> one part
>
>     Understanding
>     - how Email works
>     - how the SMTP protocol works
>     - how Exim processes the message from reception to delivery
>     - the configuration sturcture
>     - the configuration syntax (almost "language")

> It's a challenging task, but - compared with other projects - it is fun
> reading the spec file, reading the Exim book. Because it is complete,
> and structured (yes, exceptions are possible, but not intended).

I would have more fun in the history exploring Exim with this book.
Configuring a mail system is really a challenge and not only some work.