Re: [exim] only RSET accepted now

Author: Twilek
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] only RSET accepted now
Zitat von Jeremy Harris <jgh@???>:

> [off-list]
>
> On 20/12/16 23:12, Twilek wrote:
>> I have to admit that your answers are a bit beyond the horizon of my
>> knowledge of the SMTP protocol (or other mail protocols :-) ), but I
>> have gathered from your replies that somehow horde  does not follow the
>> RFCs for SMTP correctly.
>
> Can we get a packet capture, so we can decide which end is at fault?
>
> "# tcpdump -w foo.pcap tcp port 25"   should be enough.  Any message
> you don't might us viewing, so long as its bigger than 1 MB.
>
> Heiko: I've a version of Wireshark that deals slightly betterwith
> BDAT, if you want it.

Hi,

Michael Rubinsky from the horde dev team just released an updated
version of their smtp library with a "Fix RFC 3030 (CHUNKING)
support." in the changelog.
That patch seems to have fixed the problem for me, so I guess it was a
horde problem from the beginning. (If you still need the packet dump I
will do one for you but I guess as the problem has vanished this isn´t
necessary any more.

Big "thank you" again to you guys. This is what user support should
look like! Of course also a shoutout to Michael for patching the bug
that quickly.

Regards

Henning