Re: [exim] only RSET accepted now

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: Twilek
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] only RSET accepted now
Twilek <twilek@???> (Mi 21 Dez 2016 00:12:54 CET):

> I have to admit that your answers are a bit beyond the horizon of my
> knowledge of the SMTP protocol (or other mail protocols :-) ), but I have
> gathered from your replies that somehow horde does not follow the RFCs for
> SMTP correctly.
> So would it be good idea to take this up with the horde devs again with the
> information you provided?

Yes.
I'm resurrecting my BDAT tester, as I had some other issue and built a
small perl script for testing. This tester you may feed with huuge data
then to check, if Exim miscounts. [But today it's late already, so
probably tomorrow…]

I'm not sure, how easy it is, to re-count the bytes from a package
capture dump. To now for sure, if we (Exim), or they (Horde) miss
something.

And yes, thank you for the kudos :)

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden