[exim] logging custom headers on send out

Góra strony
Autor: Dan Liles
Dla: Exim-users
Temat: [exim] logging custom headers on send out
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the exim users group but have been using exim as part of cpanel
linux configurations for some time.

I've been studying the books that are available and I have a configuration
on.

We have some logic in acl_smtp_data to store custom headers we add to major
mail outs. We are building a marketing automation platform and want to
track customer reputations as we go.

Our system actually has to rely on compression and moving files into the
exim queue manually. ( Trying to open up enough SMTP connections doesn't
physically work ).

Our logic to store the headers seems to work on cpanel based exim servers
but not on exim running as part of the centos default configuration.

So my question is - why does the logging we add work on cpanel servers and
not on centos servers running exim?

Here's the section we have in our exim.conf.

acl_smtp_data:

# exiscan only

# exiscan only

#BEGIN ACL_OUTGOING_SMTP_CHECKALL_BLOCK

# BEGIN INSERT custom_begin_outgoing_smtp_checkall

# Here is custom_begin_outgoing_smtp_checkall

warn log_message = X-CMS-IssueID $h_X-CMS-IssueID

    condition = ${if def:h_X-CMS-IssueID: {yes}{no}}

warn log_message = X-CMS-ContactID $h_X-CMS-ContactID

    condition = ${if def:h_X-CMS-ContactID: {yes}{no}}

warn log_message = X-CMS-SubscriberID $h_X-CMS-SubscriberID

    condition = ${if def:h_X-CMS-SubscriberID: {yes}{no}}

# END INSERT custom_begin_outgoing_smtp_checkall

#END ACL_OUTGOING_SMTP_CHECKALL_BLOCK

Thanks for your help.

Dan Liles
CEO
CleverPear Inc
8414 Carrie Ln
Rowlett, TX 75089
Office: <tel:%28214%29%20227-7506> (214) 227-7506
Cell: <tel:%28214%29%20636-6038> (214) 636-6038