Re: [exim] logging custom headers on send out

Góra strony
Autor: Dan Liles
Dla: 'Heiko Schlittermann', exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] logging custom headers on send out
Hello Heiko,

Thank you so much for your reply. It's very helpful.

I think your idea about event_action has some merit.

I'm thinking I can link this to the msg:delivery event. The main thing I'm having trouble with is finding examples.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to call the custom acl OR how to look at the headers in perl perhaps so I can identify our headers and log appropriately. Any help you can provide would be great.

To answer you on a few other items.

1) Our technology inserts the items in the /var/spool/input directory ( sub directory ). It's the same process on both the cpanel server and the centos server. The cpanel server does seem to log stuff properly though.

2) The acl_smtp_data does seem to be called on cpanel servers. I don't see any mention of event_action in the config file. They have a release of their custom exim - I was thinking of running some tests and seeing what it would do. The rpm is http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/RPM/11.62/src/exim-4.87-3.cp1162.src.rpm

I've got both the books on exim and any other references to good docs would be great.

Dan Liles
CEO
CleverPear Inc
8414 Carrie Ln