Re: [exim] Exclude host from sender verification

Góra strony
Autor: Renaud Allard
Dla: Mike Brudenell, Exim Users
Temat: Re: [exim] Exclude host from sender verification

On 05/26/2016 04:14 PM, Mike Brudenell wrote:
> A head's up to all…
>
> It looks like Google might be tightening up their message receiving
> checks. Renaud's message went into my Spam folder at Google, with the
> explanatory reason:
>
>     *Why is this message in Spam?* It has a from address in allard.it
>     <http://allard.it> but has failed allard.it <http://allard.it>'s
>     required tests for authentication.  Learn more
>     <https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1366858?hl=en-GB&expand=5>

> In particular:
>
>   * the DKIM signature failed to verify: "dkim=neutral (body hash did
>     not verify) header.i=@allard.it <http://allard.it>;"
>   * the SPF check from the envelope's RFC5321.MailFrom "@exim.org
>     <http://exim.org>" address gave a /neutral/ result _but_ its domain
>     isn't in alignment with the "allard.it <http://allard.it>" in the
>     RFC5322.From address, which is a problem because…
>   * allard.it <http://allard.it> publish a DMARC record saying messages
>     that fail both DKIM and SPF checks should be rejected: "v=DMARC1\;
>     p=reject\; sp=reject\; pct=100\;" (DMARC requires the underlying SPF
>     test to pass _and_ the domains of the RFC5321.MailFrom and
>     RFC5322.From addresses to be in alignment)

> I know people have been expecting this to become a problem and it
> appears to be here now. I suspect the Exim list's service needs to adapt
> to work in the brave new world…

Or more likely, google has/had a temporary problem with DKIM. I just
sent a mail to a gmail address without any issue.

       dkim=pass header.i=@allard.it;
       spf=pass (google.com: domain of prvs=0954675674=renaud@???
designates 91.183.56.64 as permitted sender)
smtp.mailfrom=prvs=0954675674=renaud@???;
       dmarc=pass (p=REJECT dis=NONE) header.from=allard.it