Re: [exim] Hints in retry database has wrong MX - how to ref…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Siebenmann
To: Marcin Mirosław
CC: exim-users, cks
Betreff: Re: [exim] Hints in retry database has wrong MX - how to refresh MX records?
> I've got such situation, when user sends email resolver find wrong MX
> records for domain (wrong or MX was changed in meantime). The email
> can't be delivered to MX due to connection timeout error. Now I can
> see that destination domain has different MX that those in retry
> database. How I can tell exim to refresh MXes for mails in queue?

Exim looks up the MX from scratch every time it does a queue run,
although your nameserver infrastructure may have the old data cached.
In general, every time it makes another attempt at a message Exim
re-routes from scratch every undelivered top level address (an address
that shows in eg 'mailq' output). Looking up MXes again is one aspect
of this, but it will also do things like re-expand aliases and so on.

    - cks