Re: [exim] Using local_host_blacklist

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Using local_host_blacklist
Amanda Giarla <amandagiarla@???> wrote:
> I'm trouble shooting my newly installed VestaCP, Exim4 on Ubuntu 14.

> From my reading I thought this would be simple BUT it seems not.

> On Server-A - While monitoring */var/log/exim4/mainlog* with the tail cmd -
> On Server-B - I sent an email to a testUser on Server-A
> AND I watched as the email was logged.

> The email included the From: IP Address.

> So I placed the IP address in the file /etc/exim4/local_host_blacklist
> and restarted exim4 via 'service exim4 restart' and watched restart get
> logged.

> THEN I repeated the above email send from Server-B expecting something
> different would be logged on Server-A, i.e, the second email loging would
> show some sort of rejection notification.

[...]

Hello,

it is not completely clear what your are trying to do. What does "The
email included the From: IP Address." mean?

With local_host_blacklist you can block *direct* deliveries from
specific hosts. If you added Server-B's IP-address here (on Server A)
then Server B would not be able to deliver *directly* to Server A.

lg Andreas
so grateful to you.'