Re: [exim-dev] LDAP multiline attribute oddity

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] LDAP multiline attribute oddity
On 18/01/16 17:32, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> The divergence happens with the response to the last call. Unfortunately I'm now at something of a loss as to how to fix this.

Can you duplicate it with a two-line attribute (as opposed
to "hundreds")?

If it isn't giving Exim the data, hmm. I *assume* that attribute values
in LDAP are allowed to have newlines in - but is there documentation
anywhere saying one way or the other?

> Any ideas, folks? Especially those which stop me making things crash, or fail to build altogether!

You could rewrite that "ldap_get_values()" call, for which there's
a "deprecated" note in my (Fedora 23) include file, with
"ldap_get_values_len()" - which supports a binary interface for
arbitrary byte-sequences. You'll need struct berval (lber.h)
fore the pointer+length.

What's your system type?
--
Cheers,