Re: [exim-dev] LDAP multiline attribute oddity

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] LDAP multiline attribute oddity
On 18 Jan 2016, at 18:22, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:

> You could rewrite that "ldap_get_values()" call, for which there's
> a "deprecated" note in my (Fedora 23) include file, with
> "ldap_get_values_len()" - which supports a binary interface for
> arbitrary byte-sequences. You'll need struct berval (lber.h)
> fore the pointer+length.

And this, of course, was the right answer. It seems that some shorter (as yet undefined) responses are happily handled as char responses even though they're binary, the longer ones most definitely aren't. It's fairly likely that this issue has existed for some time and we've simply never been alerted to it!

Now I'll get my thinking clogs on how to convert from one call to the other.

Graeme