Re: [exim] Strange problem with mime_acl_check.

Author: kuncho pencho
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange problem with mime_acl_check.
Hi Dennis,

Did you
read my first post about the problem? That is one our client and one our user. I don't think they will
tried "zip bomb". I know i'm not very common with Linux and Exim, and that's why i'm asking here.
But thanks for the help to all.

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016, kuncho pencho wrote:

> From: kuncho pencho kuncho_71@??? >

> To: exim-users@???

> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 05:30:09

> Subject: Re: [exim] Strange problem with mime_acl_check.

> The client deleted the attachment but one of our users had the

> same problem also. He deleted attachment to, but i login remotely

> to his pc, made exactly same attachment and copied to mail

> server. Check it and it pass about 1m16.021s. :( Will wait for the

> next time ..

Possibly worth mentioning that zip files can be constructed to

consume inordinate amounts of resources when decoded. Such

malicious files can be used to severely stress-test or disable

anti-virus systems etc. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip_bomb

for brief details.

I never had the nerve to try passing 42.zip through a production

email system :-(

--

Dennis Davis dennisdavis@??? >