Re: [exim] Strange problem with mime_acl_check.

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange problem with mime_acl_check.
On Sat, 16 Jan 2016, kuncho pencho wrote:

> From: kuncho pencho <kuncho_71@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 05:30:09
> Subject: Re: [exim] Strange problem with mime_acl_check.
>
> The client deleted the attachment but one of our users had the
> same problem also. He deleted attachment to, but i login remotely
> to his pc, made exactly same attachment and copied to mail
> server. Check it and it pass about 1m16.021s. :( Will wait for the
> next time ..

Possibly worth mentioning that zip files can be constructed to
consume inordinate amounts of resources when decoded. Such
malicious files can be used to severely stress-test or disable
anti-virus systems etc. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip_bomb

for brief details.

I never had the nerve to try passing 42.zip through a production
email system :-(
--
Dennis Davis <dennisdavis@???>