Re: [exim] exim4, gmail and 550-5.7.1

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4, gmail and 550-5.7.1

On Sun, 2015-12-13 at 10:06 +0000, Julian Bradfield wrote:

> Nonetheless, it's easier for (at least some) people to understand the
> exim4 file than the Debian stuff. I tried to stick to the debconf
> mechanism when I first had my VPS, but it became just too hard to keep
> track of where everything was and how the variables interacted, as
> soon as I wanted to do non-trivial things. A single text file is much
> easier to find one's way about.

I split the Exim configuration file (On Centos 5 and Centos 6) into
these separate files which makes changing Exim simple and easy. It
eliminates the possibility of a typing error in one part influencing
other parts:-

/etc/exim/exim.conf

.include /data/config/exim/exim1.basic
.include /data/config/exim/exim2.acl
.include /data/config/exim/exim3.routers
.include /data/config/exim/exim4.transport
.include /data/config/exim/exim5.retries
.include /data/config/exim/exim6.rewrite
.include /data/config/exim/exim7.auth
.include /data/config/exim/exim8.scan

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.