Re: [exim-dev] XCLIENT patch to Exim; Cambridge

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Jeremy Harris, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] XCLIENT patch to Exim; Cambridge
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:
>> [ I'm hoping you're setting yourself up for both roles... ]
> I can do a security review and one-time merge, but can't commit to more
> than that; I haven't even found time to look at the DANE work. :(

I wanted to take a moment and thank Viktor for taking a few mornings
via Skype and stepping through the Exim DNS lookup/tracking and
starting into how Exim uses the DANE library he has written. We were
going to have one last session deep diving into how Exim uses his DANE
library, but work commitments have altered my availability.

(I didn't CC Viktor/Wietse on this email because it contained some of
Phil's private comments that were not part of the full CC list.)

Update: I have officially switched jobs at this point, and my time
availability for anything outside of work and family has fallen to an
all-time low. I lurk in IRC, and when I notice it, I'm there for
quick collaboration and giving feedback. In the middle of switching
jobs I was cutting RC's and cut the last release. I anticipate I can
continue to make time to cut these releases. But for now I have
stalled on the two main Exim development projects I had:

1) Adding milter interface (thanks also to Viktor and Wietse for a few
directional emails).
2) integration of Python - haven't done anything for at least a year
now (2.x worked, 3.x posed ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS and didn't work).

> There's also hummus/tahini stuff to do first, on my plate for when I
> have Exim time.

Same here for "when I have time", which doesn't look to be too much
over the next few months, at least not until my current largest job
project (system migration into AWS) gets completed. Billable hours
have precedence as they pay the bills. To complicate things more, my
job capacity no longer interfaces with email.

...Todd