Re: [exim] exim not expiring messages/ cleaning up spool

Author: Sander Smeenk
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim not expiring messages/ cleaning up spool
Quoting Corin Langosch (info@???):

> > -rw-r-----  1 Debian-exim Debian-exim   5263 Nov  7 22:00 1Xmqds-00030B-8q-D
> > -rw-r-----  1 Debian-exim Debian-exim    949 Nov  7 23:06 1Xmqds-00030B-8q-H
> > -rw-r-----  1 Debian-exim Debian-exim   5267 Nov  7 22:02 1Xmqfs-0003ky-MA-D
> > -rw-r-----  1 Debian-exim Debian-exim    934 Nov  7 23:08 1Xmqfs-0003ky-MA-H
> > -rw-r-----  1 Debian-exim Debian-exim   9029 Nov  7 22:06 1Xmqjs-0005Es-1U-D

> Trying to fix this a few weeks ago, I stopped exim, then deleted all
> contents of /var/spool/exim4 and restarted it. But it seems it didn't
> help at all.

Did you try looking in your logs for these message IDs to see what Exim
is doing with them? Tried running a delivery for one of these older
messages with debugging at full? Do these 'old' messages turn up in your
mailq output?

Did you read and fully understand the retry mechanism documentation?

-Sndr.