Re: [exim] exim not expiring messages/ cleaning up spool

Author: Corin Langosch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim not expiring messages/ cleaning up spool
Hi Sander and Jeremy,

Am 06.01.2015 um 14:00 schrieb Sander Smeenk:>
> Did you try looking in your logs for these message IDs to see what Exim
> is doing with them? Tried running a delivery for one of these older
> messages with debugging at full? Do these 'old' messages turn up in your
> mailq output?

The output of "mailq" lists thousands of messages like this:

60d  5.7K 1Xmqdt-00030W-Bq <from@???>
          to@???

60d  5.7K 1Xmqdz-00032o-JZ <from@???>
          to@???
…

59d  7.3K 1Xn339-0005kE-UW <from@???>
          to@???
…

Trying to get more information of some of them:

exim -Mvl 1Xn339-0005kE-UW
2014-11-08 11:15:19 Received from from@??? H=example.com (localhost.localdomain) [1.2.3.4] P=esmtp S=7505
id=545ded325c878_222e5596c247861658bb@???
2014-11-08 12:01:26 to@??? R=extern T=extern defer (-53): connection limit reached for all hosts

exim -Mvl 1XnhFP-0007BW-8m
2014-11-10 06:10:39 Received from from@??? H=example.com (localhost.localdomain) [1.2.3.4] P=esmtp S=10163
id=546048ceac1e8_222e57355727912725db@???
2014-11-10 06:42:05 to@??? routing defer (-51): retry time not reached

I couldn't find anything about these messages in the logs of the past two weeks.

The output of "exim -M -d -v 1Xn339-0005kE-UW" is here http://pastie.org/9816208 (I removed many lines of "duplicate IP
address 1.2.3.4 (MX=5) removed"). The message gets not deleted by this so I can run the command again if needed.

> Did you read and fully understand the retry mechanism documentation?

I tried my best to. My full configuration file is here: http://pastie.org/9816226.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Corin