Re: [exim] verify = recipient/callout --> Exchange2013

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] verify = recipient/callout --> Exchange2013
On 13/11/14 12:38, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are about to forward messages from outside to an internel
> Exchange2013 server.
>
> It seems that the Exchange2013 does not cooperate well with the
> callouts for recipient verification:
>
> mail from:<sender@???>250 2.1.0 Sender OK rcpt
> to:<empfang@empfangsdomäne.local> 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK data 354
> Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF> Test . 550 5.1.1 User
> unknown <------------- TOO LATE for Exim --
>
> The "User unknown" response is delayed until the end of the data
> phase.

(Caveat: I've not touched Exchange in ages)

Do you have the Recipient Filter enabled?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123891%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

> Yes, I know, using cutthrough routing/delivery could partially
> solve my problem. But it's limited to one recipient per message, if
> I got it right.

To single-recipient messages; it falls back to normal store-and-forward
if a second RCPT TO is received. Theoretically multi-recipient could
be supported if both sides ran PRDR and exim could handle multiple
concurrent outbound connections (for the multiple-recipient-domain
case). Or if we gave up on rfc822 header processing, and store-forward
for the temp-error cases...
--
Cheers,
Jeremy