Re: [exim] verify = recipient/callout --> Exchange2013

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] verify = recipient/callout --> Exchange2013
Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> (Do 13 Nov 2014 14:00:36 CET):
> (Caveat: I've not touched Exchange in ages)
> Do you have the Recipient Filter enabled?
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123891%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

Thank you. Reading this it seems to be possible.
I'll report the solution to this list. (I think, I got this link
already, but I was confused because the Exchange2013 people kept telling
me, that it is not possible to reject at RCPT)

> > Yes, I know, using cutthrough routing/delivery could partially
> > solve my problem. But it's limited to one recipient per message, if
> > I got it right.
>
> To single-recipient messages; it falls back to normal store-and-forward
> if a second RCPT TO is received. Theoretically multi-recipient could
> be supported if both sides ran PRDR and exim could handle multiple
> concurrent outbound connections (for the multiple-recipient-domain
> case). Or if we gave up on rfc822 header processing, and store-forward
> for the temp-error cases...

Exim could keep the cutthrough in cases where the recipient n (n>1)
gets the same routing as recipient 1. I think this would solve lots of
use cases where exim forwards the mail to exactly one backend server.

--
Heiko