Re: [pcre-dev] Using the Google C++ PCRE code

Author: Matthew Hall
To: Callanan, Colin C.
CC: Sowrinaidu, Elavarasan \(TS R&D\), pcre-dev@exim.org, Udayashankar, Rashmi
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Using the Google C++ PCRE code
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 03:04:06PM +0000, Callanan, Colin C. wrote:
> I also noticed that we had been using the google C++ wrapper code, as seen
> in pcrecpp.h:

Depending what you're doing if you want to use C++ and you are getting
performance issues like it sounds like you were partly having you might want
to consider this code:

https://code.google.com/p/re2/

It has almost as many matching features as PCRE with same syntax, and is
guaranteed non-backtracking with linear time performance in the length of the
input.

Plus it's already written in C++ by default... and has a C binding ;) instead
of the other way around :) .

I just wrote some code of my own which lets you switch between both libs and
it wasn't too hard to make it work with each one at once as the API's (in C)
were not too different.

Matthew.