Re: [exim] Spool format error

Author: Matt
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spool format error
Nigel Metheringham wrote on 23-09-2014:
>> Fixed: 024 Subject: Invoice 276455 087 X-PHP-Script:
>> ubhugueufi058F From: "Sue
>> Mockridge"<sue.mockridge@???> 062 X-Sender: "Sue
>> Mockridge"<sue.mockridge@???>
>
> Surely this should have been (not checked the actual line length
> numbers):-
>
> 024 Subject: Invoice 276455
> 025 X-PHP-Script: ubhugueufi
> 058F From: "Sue Mockridge" <sue.mockridge@???>
> 062 X-Sender: "Sue Mockridge" <sue.mockridge@???>
>
> although I suspect there is missing content on the end of the
> X-PHP-Script line.

Sorry, yes, it should have been as you said. Not sure how I missed that!

>> The two other emails had these spool file errors:
>>
>> Broken:
>> 031F From: gratuityq@???
>> 105 p 2014 15:01:49 +0400
>> 018 MIME-Version: 1.0
>
> That one is missing a chunk - presumably the start of the Date line...
>
> So it looks as though something skipped a chunk of characters when
> writing the data out (since the lengths have been calculated already the
> data must be lost very late on in the receive/pre-process/write cycle).

I'll run a fsck to check there isn't something wrong with the file system. Not that it should matter but IO and CPU load are very low (and was when these emails were received) since the server is currently testing with only a couple of fairly low volume domains.

Thanks,

Matt.